Convection Oven with Proofer
A convection oven has a powerful fan and exhaust system that circulates hot air inside the oven to help maintain a consistent temperature, making it ideal for multi-rack cooking. Like conventional ovens, convection ovens can be gas or electric and come in different models with various features.
- Circulating air helps dishes cook evenly on multiple racks
- Less rotating dishes between racks
- Promotes browning and crisping
- Fast moving hot air can accelerate baking and roasting
- Quick preheating
- Recommended for cooking a variety of dishes, including meats, vegetables, casseroles and cookies
With convection ovens, circulating air inside the appliance helps food cook more evenly across oven racks, making for recipes that are as easily prepared as they are delicious.
A proofer is a piece of equipment designed to provide a specific temperature and relative humidity conditions to boost yeast activity of the fermenting dough pieces. Proofing equipment provides convective surface heating and conduction of heat from the dough surface to its interior.